I believe that everyone deserves to have an extraordinary life...no matter where you have come from or what has happened to you.
I believe that the more people practice compassion for others, the more the emotional energy of everyone on the planet will level up.
My compassion for others started long before I knew what it was or what I was doing...I just knew that having deep empathy for others on their journey was monumentally important. That compassion taught me to love even when I probably shouldn't; to be loyal even when I was betrayed.
I believe that the loving spirit that lives in the soul is there in everyone, but that people lose their connection to that spirit through their own struggles in life.
I have spent my life finding the good in others and yes, sometimes this has led me to be taken advantage of, but I don't regret an instant because I continued to learn and to grow through it all.
I believe that we all have a responsibility to learn and to grow and to...
Authenticity is underrated. It’s more than being honest with the world. It’s about being honest with yourself. There are many advantages to being authentic. Most importantly, you’ll no longer feel the need to change your words and actions to impress others. You can relax and be yourself.
Before you can be authentic, it’s important to know yourself. This includes your values and goals. Authenticity becomes possible when you know what’s important to you.
Embrace authenticity and present yourself honestly:
1. Give up the need to appear perfect. Excellent is good enough. But seriously, when you don’t need to appear perfect, you’re in the position to be honest. No one can be perfect and honest at the same time. Avoid putting on a show for the rest of the world. You’ll only feel bad about yourself later.
· It’s okay to be less than spectacular. Be the best at being yourself....
You’re familiar with your conscious mind. You use it to choose a channel on the TV or to decide what you’re going to have for dinner.
But there’s another aspect to your mind, the subconscious. Your subconscious is most active during sleep and when you’re mildly distracted. Consider how many brilliant ideas you’ve had while showering, driving, mowing the grass, or taking a walk.
When you’re alone and relaxed, but mildly occupied, your subconscious can shine. Your conscious mind is occupied enough for your subconscious to speak to you. During most of the day, your conscious mind is making too much noise.
Your subconscious is active day and night. Few people take advantage of this powerful resource. Imagine having such a powerful ally working for you 24/7. You’d be unstoppable.
Your subconscious is a bit like a savant. It’s brilliant in some ways, but not too bright in others. Think of it as a computer with a vast store of information. It...
Self-esteem is your opinion of yourself as it pertains to your value or worth. Many people base their self-esteem on how well they compare to others. The trouble is, we compare ourselves to the best. We compare our intelligence to that of the most intelligent person we know. We compare our athletic ability to those that make a living playing sports.
We also downplay our strengths. We make it hard on ourselves to feel good about ourselves. The one person in the world that should always be on your side is you.
Build your self-esteem and take on the world confidently:
1. Spend time with a friend that thinks you’re the greatest thing since sliced bread. We all have a friend that makes us feel like we can take on the world. They find us fascinating and aren’t bashful about sharing that fact. A quick gettogether with this type of friend will give your self-esteem a shot in the arm.
2. List your five best qualities. Ask a friend...
You’re a master at fooling yourself. Your brain knows what to tell you so you can justify to yourself taking the comfortable path through life. Your capacity to deceive yourself is almost unlimited.
Unfortunately, these lies come home to roost eventually. There’s a price to be paid for believing a lie. You’ve been paying it for years.
Free yourself from the lies you tell yourself:
1. I must wait for the perfect moment to act. This is just an excuse to procrastinate. When this lie runs through your head, ask yourself what you’re afraid of. You can be certain you’re avoiding something. It may be the fear of failure or the fear of hard work. Ask yourself what you’re avoiding and why.
2. I don’t feel like it. This one might be the truth, but it’s irrelevant. If it needs to be done, it needs to be done. If you only do things when you feel like doing them, many things will never be completed...
It can easily be argued that every decision a person makes is in the pursuit of happiness. You might say, “Wait a minute. I go to a job I hate every day just so I can pay my bills and barely survive.” True, but you really think that staying home and losing the ability to pay your bills will leave you happier than going to that miserable job.
The need to be happy drives everyone, but people pursue happiness through different means. Some believe they’ll be happy if they can only amass a large enough fortune. Others believe they’ll be happy by helping others. Some pursue a family, while other believe the freedom of staying single provides a better opportunity for happiness.
An investment banker and a Buddhist monk are still pursuing the same thing, only in dramatically different ways.
“Happiness is like a butterfly: the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your...
Your experiences are shaped by your thinking. Even obstacles have a value when you can see it. You can develop convictions that will help you to feel happier and achieve more, regardless of the situation.
Consider these empowering beliefs that you can start using today to transform your life through the power of positive thinking.
Empowering Beliefs to Make You Smile
1. I understand my potential. You can achieve amazing results when you put your mind to it. Feel excited about reaching your true potential.
2. I count my blessings. List each thing that you have to be grateful for. Remember to include the smaller items, like warm socks or tart cranberries. Expressing your appreciation reminds you of how rich you are.
3. I learn from mistakes. You can make setbacks work for you by focusing on the lessons that they contain. Flubbing one job interview can teach you how to ace the next one.
No matter how creative or “un-creative” you may be, there’s always room for improvement. Creativity is one of the most powerful tools available to humans. Many of the world’s greatest challenges have been, and will be, solved by those that use their creativity to great effect. You’ll be surprised by just how much you can enhance your creativity.
All you need are a few tips, practice, and patience. Imagine what you could do with more creativity.
Enhance your creativity and find more elegant solutions to life’s challenges:
1. Ask a child for an opinion. Children often have brilliant ideas. You’ll have to reconsider the challenge to explain it clearly. This alone might spark new ideas. Children frequently have impractical solutions, but their ideas can open up new avenues of thought. Ask a child and listen to the answer.
2. Try to be creative early in the morning and late at night. Those periods...
Do you wonder why you haven’t accomplished more with your life? Do you feel that you have great potential locked up inside of you? Most adults feel this way. No one ever truly reaches their potential, but it’s discouraging that so many of us never even scratch the surface of our potential. Are you ready to find out what you can do?
Find out what you’re really capable of accomplishing:
1. Be bold. This is the number one tip for unleashing your potential on the world. Your limited achievements are likely due to the fact that you’re timid. If you were out there doing your best each day, you’d be too busy piling up successes to read an article like this. Stop caring about the opinions of others and show the world what you’ve got.
2. Have bold goals. To live up to your potential, you need goals. Goals provide a direction for your energy and effort. Effective goals are motivating, which is...
Older theories about intelligence dictate to us that we are born a “certain way.” We have certain traits that others do not possess, others have certain traits that we do not possess, and that is that. There is no room for growth or expansion. Our intelligence is as it always was and there is no room for improvement.
However, today, we know better. We know that we have the ability to change our mindset and, therefore, improve our capacity for learning in leaps and bounds. No longer is the status quo necessary. We can grow and strive to achieve more academically and, therefore, in life.
Choose Your Words Carefully
Each one of us go through our days speaking our mind, saying things without giving it much thought and sometimes even holding things in and not speaking up for ourselves only to berate ourselves later on for doing so. If you take a moment to recognize and record the words you use daily, you may come to realize that the words you choose might directly relate to...